We believe that successful people make successful businesses, which is why we make every effort to provide our employees with an environment in which they can excel. Our professionals are integral in defining our business – delivering results to our clients and driving our company to success. We make it our job to treat them well.
At Collins and Associates Corporation, we recognize the importance of our employees’ health and wellness. We are committed to providing a high quality, competitive employee benefit program which is designed to address our employees’ benefit needs. Our benefit package is regularly reviewed and modified to ensure we offer those benefits most valuable to both the employee and their family.
Take a look at our open positions below. If one suits you, fill out our the application!
Collins and Associates of Traverse Bay Corporation, an established national insurance agency with a history of steady growth and strong commercial insurance focus, seeks a sales oriented Account Executive requiring advanced communication, relationship building and consultative sales skills. Previous experience and insurance industry knowledge is preferred. Candidate must be capable of pursuing and closing sales of new and existing commercial lines accounts and retaining assigned book of commercial lines business.
Location: Harbor Springs, Michigan
Hours: 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday – Thursday, 8:00am to 4:30pm Friday (Memorial Day-Labor Day 8:00am-4:00pm).
- Prospect for new business from new and existing clients.
- Contact prospects for the purpose of providing a quotation and making sales appointments.
- Survey prospects to determine insurance needs, evaluating current insurance policies and coverage limits and establishing risk management plans.
- Collect detailed risk and underwriting information including survey data and loss history.
- Develop and deliver formal proposals of insurance including details of coverages, limits, deductibles, coverage recommendation and other pertinent information according to agency standards for both new and renewal business.
- Work with Underwriters and service team to complete company submissions and selection of potential markets.
- Introduce service person to clients as an integral part of team and work together to create customer centric service plan.
- Stay informed of all claims or service issues and become involved in resolution when required.
- Promote agency in the community.
- Keep informed of industry developments through review of trade press and by attending insurance carrier training meetings on new products, etc.
- Develop trust and ongoing relationship with key insurance carriers.
- Perform other specific duties and projects as assigned by agency management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Meet all performance and behavior expectations outlined in the company performance appraisal form or communicated by management.
- Perform responsibilities as directed achieving desired results within expected time frames and with a high degree of quality and professionalism.
- Establish and maintain positive and productive work relationships with all staff, clients and business partners.
- Demonstrate behavioral and technical competencies necessary to effectively complete job responsibilities.
- Take personal initiative for technical and professional development.
- Follow the company HR policy, and all department procedures, including protecting confidential information, attending work punctually and regularly, open communication ad high morale.
- Designation from the National Alliance – CIC, CRM preferred.
- Bachelors and/or advanced degree preferred.
- Ten years successful sales experience, commercial lines insurance sales experience preferred.
- Proven ability to pursue and close sales.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Fast-paced multi-tasking environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, hear, and project voice well enough without amplification. There is frequent need for the employee to stand, sit, walk, use hands and fingers, employ repetitive small motor activity, and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to lift and carry up to 30 pounds; to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and to ascend and descend stairs.
This position requires a high energy level and ability to handle stress-related situations on a daily basis.
This job description is intended to describe the level of work required of the person performing the job.
Essential functions are outlined; other duties may be assigned as needs arise or as required to support the agency’s essential functions.
This description is not intended as a contract and is subject to unilateral change and revision by management.
Any written contractual agreements will supersede this job description.
Salary and Benefits: We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life insurance, short term and long term disability, 401(K), educational expense reimbursement, and more.
Collins and Associates Insurance Corporation, an established national insurance agency with a history of steady growth, seeking a highly productive, results-oriented Loss Control Consultant.
Office Locations: Grand Rapids, Michigan. Travel Required.
Hours: 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday – Thursday, 8:00am to 4:30pm Friday (Memorial Day-Labor Day 8:00am-4:00pm)
Reporting Relationship: Team Lead of Risk Control
The Loss Control Consultant is responsible for delivering exceptional services to assigned client accounts. A day in the life of this Loss Control Consultant might look like: leading a morning safety committee meeting at a manufacturing plant, returning to the office to provide a weekly update to/with their internal team, answering a phone call from a client about a compliance issue in a retail setting, following up with the client by email about what was discussed and next steps, taking part in a claims review call with a trucking client and adding valuable input, responding to various client email questions and requests, and ending the day at a client site conducting ergonomic assessments in a warehouse. This is only an example. The person will create and manage their own schedule according to clients needs and schedule.
- In office work – 5075 Cascade Rd SE, Grand Rapids, MI.
- Regular client related travel in state with occasional out of state work.
- Office hours 8am-5pm, this position will often work outside these hours as client need dictates (6am start – 3pm end for a special training for example).
- Occasional overnights are required.
- Frequent standing, walking, and sitting required.
- Need to lift/push/pull up to 15 pounds.
- Required ability to climb stairs and ladders.
- Required ability to drive, have an acceptable MVR and hold a valid driver’s license.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide risk mitigation consultation large commercial clients with Captive insurance memberships.
- Own consultation service outcomes.
- Conduct risk assessments to identifying hazards, evaluate existing controls, triage risk levels, and coordinate an Action Plan.
- Develop a comprehensive Action Plan for each client and remain accountable for/to it.
- Maintain strong and healthy relationships with multiple stakeholders at each client.
- Build trust and earn respect with clients to ensure goals are accomplished and buy-in occurs.
- Assist with meeting internal/personal goals while managing client workload.
- Spend approximately 50% of consultation time onsite with the client.
- Communicate in a professional and timely manner internally and externally.
- Prepare and present information in the most appropriate manner and level for the audience.
- Devise practical and creative solutions to help clients mitigate risk effectively (quickly, affordable, and lasting).
- Posses a strong working knowledge of workers compensation loss reduction means, OSHA/MIOSHA regulations, and DOT regulations.
- Experience mitigating general liability, auto, work comp, and property risks is preferred.
- Provide exceptional customer service during all interactions.
- Actively care about client outcomes and internal objectives.
- Act as a resident expert for various loss mitigation tactics.
- Develop and deliver effective training in-person and online.
- Develop and deliver SME level policies, procedures, programs, and training and/or provide samples/examples to get started.
- Assist with or lead industrial hygiene efforts for air and noise sampling at client sites as needed.
- Manage online trainings for clients as needed.
- Serve as a middle point for stakeholders to access for support and leadership.
- Provide direction, support, and leadership for clients and stakeholders at large organizations and ensure support aligns with the company’s core values and goals.
- Manage relationships with various third-party organizations including claims TPA’s, online training platform providers, insurance carriers, captive membership providers, attorneys, medical providers, consultation service groups etc.
- Manage workload in an efficient manner and maintain organized records of work performed.
- Provide general loss control support as needed for the agencies book.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in safety, loss control or related field required
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety or a related technical field preferred
- Highly detail-oriented
- Self-sufficient with the ability to manage “your” clients without over-sight
- Able to perform and deliver in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment
- Strong problem-solving skills, creative thinking, and critical thinking skills.
- Able to remain accountable through independent work, teamwork, and client work
- Able to efficiently utilize work and client time to accomplish goals
- Posses strong written and verbal communication skills for internal communication, with client stakeholders, and possibly in groups large/small for training
- Able to switch gears from project to project seamlessly
- Hold a continuing education designation or license, or the desire and ability to maintain them
Salary and Benefits:
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, paid vacation and PTO, holiday pay, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(K) with a match, educational expense reimbursement, and may include phone reimbursement, and vehicle reimbursement.
We are passionate about serving our clients, developing our professionals and giving back to our communities. If you are a committed professional with a passion for delivering unparalleled service, we are interested in hearing from you.