We believe that successful people make successful businesses, which is why we make every effort to provide our employees with an environment in which they can excel. Our professionals are integral in defining our business – delivering results to our clients and driving our company to success. We make it our job to treat them well.
At Collins and Associates Corporation, we recognize the importance of our employees’ health and wellness. We are committed to providing a high quality, competitive employee benefit program which is designed to address our employees’ benefit needs. Our benefit package is regularly reviewed and modified to ensure we offer those benefits most valuable to both the employee and their family.
Collins and Associates Corporation, an established national insurance agency with a history of steady growth, seeks an experienced, highly effective Environmental Safety and Health Specialist in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Provides technical and administrative guidance in promoting safety programs, culture and regulatory compliance to clients in a wide variety of industries. Develops, implements, trains and administers safety policies and procedures designed to promote workplace and customer safety to prevent injuries and property damage. Responsible for ongoing occupational safety and health services on a major accounts.
- Performs detailed safety audits and makes recommendations to mitigate hazardous conditions.
- Establishes Safety Committees, attends meetings, leads discussions, sets goals, and monitors progress.
- Designs and delivers customized training modules for clients. Documents participation, provides feedback to client and assesses effectiveness.
- Develops and participates in presentations to clients, associations, carrier personnel, internal staff, brokers and risk management vendors in the field of safety, loss control and regulations related to employee safety.
- Reviews underwriting requests for risk management and oversee assignment of work to vendors or employee staff.
- Coordinates relationship and services with carrier loss control representatives.
- Sets Risk Management goals for self-insured clients and develops strategy to meet goals.
- Counsels internal and external personnel on specific industry hazards and provides comprehensive recommendations.
- Increases departmental revenue by providing customized risk management services and programs to clients.
- Attends prospect meetings to discuss Risk Management Services.
- Performs accident investigations and recommends corrective action.
- Analyzes loss trends and develops action plans to address loss drivers.
- Track time vs. budget and invoice accordingly. Participate and coordinate client renewal.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety required, with two or more years of experience in the insurance industry and/or two or more years of safety and health industry experience.
Certified Safety Professional or similar professional designation strongly preferred.
- Be able to apply occupational health and safety management methods, techniques, processes, and practices.
- Strong ability to use complex technical equipment such as industrial hygiene equipment.
- Excellent technology understanding and efficiency. Ability to successfully navigate Microsoft Office, internet research, troubleshoot equipment, governmental websites, mobile device apps, PC literate, etc.)
- Exceptional Communication skills. Clearly and simply communicate environmental safety and health recommendations to all levels of employees.
- Technically efficient and detail oriented. Must be able to recognize and adhere to specific safety standards and government regulations for a wide variety of industries.
- Ability to stand/walk for long periods and be able to travel regularly.
- Problem-solving skills and a pro-active approach. Efficiently find solutions for unsafe working conditions and environmental concerns in the workplace.
- Effective analytical and interpretive skills relating to industrial hygiene results, injury management, loss history, and data sets.
- Strong organizational interpersonal skills. Daily interaction with a variety of clients is expected to be conducted in a professional and organized manner.
- Ability to meet deadlines through autonomous work load delegation.
- Ability to successfully work with the risk control team on regular group project basis.
- Possession of a valid state driver’s license.
General Working Conditions:
- Works in office setting with travel (independent and as a team) approximately 50-60% of days. Attends approximately six client visits per week (ongoing client project work and new clients).
- Work irregular hours and respond to emergencies on a 24/7 basis to service customers, and some overnight and out of state will be required.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Position duties consist of occasional walking, standing, lifting and/or carrying 20 pounds maximum.
- The information presented is intended to describe the general nature and level of work required of an employee holding this position. Position duties and responsibilities may be modified or adjusted to meet the demands of the position, without a formal revision to this position description.
Salary and Benefits:
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life insurance, short term and long term disability, 401(K), educational expense reimbursement, relocation package, and more.